Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Starry Night, 1st Grade

I love doing this project with 1st graders. They are always in such shock when I show them that they will be making their own version of this:

Starry Night, by Vincent Van Gogh

We work on bigger paper...12x18. I always choose a blue or teal as our background because it looks fine to have it showing through. They also all get their own pack of oil pastels. It's so cute seeing them so into this. One student just kept saying, "I can't believe I'm making my own Van Gogh!"

Here is the students work:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you have that much patience and love to work with children. I know they love drawing and painting, and this awakens their creativity

Essay Writing said...

Hello,
I love this idea, What fun this would be in creating my children. I would love to use some activities from this project..
Thanks for sharing great idea..