Thursday, December 4, 2008

Candy Canes, 2nd Grade

I love this project around the holidays. It's a simple 2-day lesson and the kids really enjoy it. It is the only time they are able to use a tracer all year. They must draw 10 candy canes at least, and some need to be overlapping. They have to draw the lines of candy cane in a curved fashion to make it look 3-D (we used glitter crayons). They also need to 'know' what type of candy cane they are drawing, so is it Strawberry Banana, or just plain Peppermint? The results are lovely. Glitter is added for some fun. The students drew borders around the edge if they had time. Sorry for the bad pictures...I didn't crop them.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love letting the kids use templates as starting points. I don't do it all the time, but it is a great way to get kids to loosen up a bit.

Jenny Bartolazzi said...

I love these candy canes! Your site is great! I just made one, you should check it out :) artolazzi.blogspot.com